Over a period of time, owing to the unhealthy eating habits and a stressed lifestyle, our body gathers a lot of toxins, chemicals, and additives in varied forms. The cleansing process or detox program, thus, becomes essential from time to time. A well planned and guided detox process helps in shedding the extra kilos, restore the lost health, and make us feel more energetic and fresh. This is a guide for the detox review- what are the foods that one should be having and not having, in order to cleanse the body-
- Fruits and fruit juices: They are high in liquid content and help in washing out all the body toxins. Easy to digest, fruits are rich in antioxidants, fiber, nutrients, and vitamins.
- Lemon, Lime, and Oranges: All these are citrus fruits, rich in Vitamin C, which are known to flush out all the toxins in the body and speed up the digestion process.
- Green vegetables & food: Green vegetables in the form of spinach, barley, arugula, wheatgrass or any other leafy green vegetable increases the process of digestion by giving a chlorophyll-boost to the digestive system.
- Green Tea: Popular for its antioxidants properties, green tea cleanses the body from toxins with its liquid contents and enhances liver functions.
- Raw vegetables: All the raw vegetables like carrots, onions, artichokes, broccoli, cabbage, garlic, sprouts, beet, turmeric helps in the process of cleansing the body making the detoxification complete.
Apart from the must-have food, another important consideration is to avoid certain types of food that hinder the process of detoxification. Some of them are:
- Added Sugar
- Excess caffeine
- Packaged food